Sunday, January 22, 2023

Electric Voyage Studio

 


The title Pink Snow comes from the picture I used for the cover, taken by my parents who are doing a lot of high mountain hiking. On the photos you can see a frozen lake and all the snow around is covered with some pink sand from the Sahara desert that is lightly pink. This kind of thing happens once in a while.

Most of those little pieces are jams that I recorded for fun around single electronic instruments with additional effects (a lot of Roland MC-202 with old echo / spring reverb and modular synthesizers). Most of those have been available as video on my Youtube channel until I decided to get those all together into a release.

I used a reel to reel recorder for the first time to master this album, it gives a nice crunch and noisy background to everything and I really like how it turned out.

Electric Voyage Studio

The Electric Voyage Studio is an independent mastering & mixing studio run by Julien Guillot aka Stazma The Junglechrist / Repeat Eater, focused on bringing better sound quality to releases from the underground music scenes of this planet.

The main activity of the studio is mastering. Over the years I have been working with artists such as End.user, Bong-Ra, Voodoom and many more in the Breakcore scene, but also for a lot of less extreme oriented labels such as Brainwaves, Kaometry and my own imprint Concrete Collage.

As a very open minded music listener I've been also working for Rap and Rock bands and I'd be happy to work on anything.

Stazma The Junglechrist

Started in 2008, it is the first and main project from Julien Guillot, started on the super violent and punk end of the Breakcore scene to become more of an experimental mutant breakbeat and "weird core" entity in the past few years.

Concrete Collage is trying to be a modern thinking record label, focused on releasing quality underground electronic musicians, also supplying them with a quality artwork and mastering..










No comments:

Post a Comment